Does ashwagandha boost testosterone? Ashwagandha is an ancient medicinal herb that has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine. This powerful herb has a wide range of health benefits, including the ability to boost testosterone levels.
Testosterone is the male sex hormone that is responsible for the development of masculine characteristics, such as a deep voice and facial hair. It also plays a key role in fertility and sexual function.
While testosterone levels naturally decline with age, there are things you can do to boost them. One of the best ways to increase testosterone levels is to take ashwagandha.
Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, which means it helps the body to cope with stress. This is important because one of the main causes of low testosterone levels is stress.
In a study of 75 men, those who took ashwagandha had significantly higher levels of testosterone than those who didn’t.
Another study found that ashwagandha increased testosterone levels by 17% in just 90 days.
How to take ashwagandha
- You can find ashwagandha in powder, capsule or tincture form at your local health store.
- If you’re taking the powder form, mix one teaspoon with water or juice and drink it once a day.
- If you’re taking capsules, take one to two capsules twice a day with water.
- If you’re taking a tincture, take one dropperful twice a day.
When to take ashwagandha
- For the best results, take ashwagandha in the morning and evening.
- Start with a lower dose and increase it gradually over time.
- If you have any side effects, such as an upset stomach, reduce the dose or stop taking it altogether.
Ashwagandha is a safe and effective way to boost testosterone levels. It’s also easy to take and has few side effects. Start taking ashwagandha today and enjoy the benefits of this powerful herb.
Ashwagandha is a powerful herb and can be taken safely. But there are a few things you should keep in mind when taking it. First, don’t take ashwagandha if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding. Second, don’t take it if you have a medical condition. Finally, talk to your doctor before taking ashwagandha if you take any medications.
Here’s what you should know about how ashwagandha interacts with medications.
- It Can Interact With Medications That Lower Blood Sugar
- Ashwagandha can lower blood sugar levels.
- That’s a good thing if you’re diabetic, but not if you’re not.
- If you take medications that lower blood sugar, you could end up with hypoglycemia.
- Talk to your doctor before taking ashwagandha if you take medications that lower blood sugar.